1970 Porsche 914 V8
Thanks for stopping by to take a look at one very cool 1970 Porsche 914-8. This southern California hot rod is a very well executed V8 conversion. A lightweight, mid-engine, euro handling, 4 wheel disc brake Hot Rod? Let’s check it out!
914s have not yet reached the lofty 911 numbers but can they be far behind? Repowered with at least double the HP, this Beauty can hit Beast Mode pretty fast. Rust free CA car. We were particularly impressed with the initial build quality of this car. Often enough, they are cobbled together with whatever is available. They function but they are not necessarily well engineered repowers.
This 914-8 is built the right way. Everywhere you look you see quality. The fit and finish of the body is excellent. The perfectly clean engine bay. The exquisitely engineered hidden cooling system. If you’ve seen a 914 V8 with long radiator hoses screwed to the underside of the floor pan, you will appreciate the beautiful execution here. The aftermarket gauge pods for the V8 look stock. A mounted fire extinguisher within immediate reach. A very well planned and executed conversion makes this car special.
- Recently respray in glossy L6603 Porsche Gulf Blue.
- Fiberglass Widebody
- Gulf Racing Livery in vinyl. Includes under the removable roof.
- A perfect stance over Fat Fuchs
- Calipers in Gulf Racing livery
- Wrap around tail light bar
- Electric rear hatch release.
- Nice glass
- Numbered Roundels are magnetic
- 15” Fuchs style staggered 10s and 8s
- Pirelli P Zero tires are 225/50/ZR15 and 205/50/ZR15
- LS 5.3L Chevrolet V8 engine 350 HP
- Stock internals so it will run on pump gas
- Fresh seals and gaskets
- Fresh Holley 4 bbl carburetor rebuild
- New starter
- New chrome shorty headers
- New Thrush mufflers
- New Kennedy Stage 2 clutch disc and pressure plate
- Resurfaced Flywheel
- Fresh tune items, plugs, wires, oils, filters etc
- Runs awesome with a wicked exhaust note.
- Front mounted radiator
- Dual electric fans
- Ducted stainless steel shroud
- Plumbing to the engine is cleanly routed through the inner fenders then hardline inside the rocker panels, not under the body.
- Electric water pump
- Porsche 5 Speed 901 transaxle
- Clean spartan Porsche interior
- Nice seats
- Center Console
- Gauges for the V8
- Heater delete
- Wiper delete (but wiper arms are included)
- Original Pioneer radio works well. Old school graphic equalizer. New speakers
- 5 Speed
- Bad Ass
- fresh respray
- Runs Great!
- smog exempt
- Targa Top