1950 Studebaker 2R
Thanks for stopping by to take a look at one very cool 1950 Studebaker 2R Pickup. This southern California hot rod is a very well executed Chevy V8 conversion. From the 1970 Camaro RS front clip, the healthy 350 CID power to the 12 Bolt Positraction rear end, a combination of 50’s style and Chevy reliability. Who doesn’t like a Hot Rod pickup ? Let’s check it out!
Everybody’s uncle has a Chevy, Ford or Dodge. Not so many cool uncles have a Studebaker. These trucks never sold in the numbers of the others and consequently there are few on the road today. Stock, they are stodgy work horses that served their original owners well enough to have survived these 73 years. Treated to some updating in Southern California’s Hot Rod culture, the next century looks pretty good.
- Hot Rod Black. Not a pristine show truck. The test of time shows. She’s a bruiser not a trailer queen.
- Split Windshield
- Red stained bed wood. 4 coats of Spar varnish that was sanded between coats.
- Custom Aluminum fuel tank with leather straps
- Bed Buddy vinyl decal (can be removed)
- Raptor coated inside of bed sides
- A perfect stance over Fat 15’s
- Gatling Gun exhaust through the valance
- Cadillac Tail lights
- Custom lower valance
- New 15” Chevrolet Rallye Wheels with spinners
- New Cooper Cobra Tires
- 350 5.7 Chevrolet V8 engine
- 1 wire alternator
- Fresh carburetor rebuild
- Fresh tune
- Long tube headers
- TH 400 transmission
- Aluminum radiator with electric fan
- Power Steering
- Power Brakes with new calipers and wheel cylinders
- 12 Bolt Positraction rear end
- Runs awesome with a wicked exhaust note.
- Clean and updated interior
- Nice seat with red piping
- Newer carpet
- Power windows
- Dolphin Gauges
- GM Tilt Steering column with wood wheel
- Lokar Shifter
- New bluetooth Audio with touchscreen and 6X9 speakers
- Wiper delete (but motor is included)
Clean California title. Currently registered and insured